Sunday, February 21, 2010

Welcome to the Spring Semester

Welcome, Internet Community, to my Second Semester in Seminary!

I'm looking forward to working through a very focused array of questions this semester, mostly centered in that figure known as Jesus of Nazareth, our Lord and Saviour. My classes include one on the Gospel of Matthew, a Christology class, a class in Hermeneutics, Ecclesiastical Latin (less pertinent, perhaps) and a Christian Ethics class based upon a Reformation reading of scripture.

As you can see, the questions, and perhaps it is ultimately only one question, ask how we can know Jesus Christ and what that knowing means for ourselves and for those we live with - which, of course, is everyone. I don't know that there could be a more important question, for anyone, so I hope you follow along! I've already got some prelinary writing done, and since at least two of my classes do work online, it's already prepped for cyberspace!

Your obedient servant,
the Curious Monk

No comments: